The computer science department is formed with the aim to provide and nourish better skills of computers and also the department emphasizes on utilizing computers to develop their nursing and research skills. The department is headed by Sundaram Bhandari. The department focuses in building up the basic skills of Computer for Under graduate levels and emphasis of computer knowledge for research work for Post Graduate Students.
Our educational objectives for our undergraduate programs in computer science are to educate the student computer sciences and academics who will:
- Embody the best ideals of a liberal, caring, ethical, well-spoken men and women with critical and reasoned judgment.
- Practice computer science in Nursing, understand the fundamental principles of computer science, and continue to develop their technical competencies.
- Pursue advanced education, research and development, and other creative efforts in science and technology.
- Application of computer sciences in Nursing, academics, and the community.
- The Information Technology prepares a student for basic knowledge using computer to solve data processing problems in daily life. After completion of the course, students should be able to :
1. show an awareness of what the major computer components are and how they act as system;
2. appreciate that computers need instructions to operate and acquire simple programming skills;
3. demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of using computers to solve problems related to practical applications;
4. show a sense of control over computers;
5. show an awareness of the effects and impacts of computers on the individual and the society;
6. show an awareness of the capability and limitations of computers;
7. show positive attitudes for adapting to and coping with a changing society with widespread utilization of computers.
- The Computer Studies is designed for students to understand and operate the computer and have special emphasis on sound design principles and programming development. The objectives of the course are :
1. To provide opportunity for the study of modern methods of information processing and its applications;
2. To acquaint students with knowledge of the computer systems with emphasis on their uses and limitation;
3. To develop among students the programming techniques and the problem solving skills through programming;
4. To foster among students an interest and confidence in using computers;
5. To encourage an understanding of the implications of computers in the modern world;
6. To prepare students who wish to go on to further studies in computer science and related subjects.
Our student learning outcomes for UG and PG program in computer science are:
• Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
• Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
• Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
• Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
• Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
• Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.