GNM is a 3 year diploma Program aimed to produce qualified nurses in the country. The course provides a platform to the candidates to become a eligible nurse after the completion of course. The Course was designed with aim to to bring Non - Bio candiates and give them the oppurtunity to choose nursing field even after not having Biology / Science subjects in thier intremediate.
The course is affiliated to Uttrakhand State Medical Faculty, Dehradun.The program offers the opportunity to work as staff nurse in any hospital. For attaining higher degree in the nursing the student can go through Post Basic B.Sc (N) which makes the candiate a degree holder in Nurisng field. Eligibility Criteria of General Nursing & Midwifery :
Eligibilty Criteria of persuing G. N. M:
1. Minimum education eligibility criteria for admission to GNM:
- 10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually for any recognized board. Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized Candidates are also eligible from State Open School recognized by State Government and National Institute of Open School (NIOS) recognized by Central Government. However Science is preferable.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing council.
- 10+2 with English having 40% of marks in Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized CBSE board/Centre.
- Registered ANM with pass mark.